Good morning, Tuesday Troopers!
Today, I thought I’d take a look at yesterday’s highs and lows, from a healthy living perspective. I think it’s important to reflect on the good but not beat myself up over the bad. Instead, I’ll brainstorm potential “fixes” for the future.
HIGHS – Wellness wins that I’ll be proud of tomorrow
1.Completing an early morning Ballet Beautiful workout before work
2. Bringing kale salad for lunch
3. Taking an after-work walk to the grocery store. (Skipping the gym could be considered a low, but I’ll take fresh air and an evening stroll with Andrew over the gym any day.)
4. Successfully cooking asparagus in a new way (I’ve only ever BBQ’ed or roasted asparagus, but last night I sauteed it with garlic and it turned out really well).
4. Hitting my Fitbit goals! I beat both my step and water goals for the day.
LOWS – Behaviors or choices that could have been better, along with potential fixes for the future
1. Chocolate almonds in the afternoon, around 4pm
Potential fix: Almonds or mixed nuts
2. Chips for an after-work, pre-dinner snack
Potential fix: Keep pre-cut carrots and celery with hummus in the fridge, on the top shelf… in front of the salsa.
3. Giving in to a dessert craving (berries, sunflower seed butter, and soy vanilla ice cream)
Potential fix: Tea and fruit instead of ice cream
Q: What did you do well yesterday, and what could you have done better?