It’s Friday. It’s raining. We’re all drinking hot cocoa in our cozy, oversized sweaters. Wait, no cocoa? No sweaters?!
You guys. This is standard procedure.
On rainy Fridays, we don our coziest, most oversized sweaters, sip hot cocoa (bulletproof coffee will do), and discuss our favorite things that happened this week. Here, I’ll start…
Friday Favorites #3: Week of 12/8/14
- Podcast #133 of The Bulletproof Executive: Arianna Huffington is Thriving. Lately, I’ve switched from listening to loud, pumping music on my runs to listening to Bulletproof Executive podcasts instead. Dave Asprey is the ultimate biohacker, upgrading and optimizing any and all aspects of human performance, not just fitness and nutrition. I feel like I learn something new from every single one of his podcasts. His interview with Arianna Huffington is exceptionally interesting.
- My Human Body Coloring Book. I can already tell it’s going to be a huge help with learning all of the muscles in the body. #NASM
- These amazing, perfectly chewy Snickerdoodles. They’re almost completely gone. Luckily, I froze half the dough for easy one-off cookie production down the road. Must remember to do that more often.
- Kevin’s holiday collar. Andrew and I celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas, so naturally, our cats do too.
- This SNL skit: I feel basically the same way about her, but I know when to keep my mouth shut. 🙂
- This article from The Atlantic: Forget Calories. This well-written article explains why it does not make sense to say that you can “burn off a snickerdoodle by doing an hour of cardio” or “undo those donuts with an extra 10 laps in the pool”. Weight loss is not a simple math equation. So stop counting calories!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Thank you to Heather for hosting this Friday Favorites linkup. Check out her site to see what others are loving this week!