Andrew and I may or may not have had a little too much fun dancing the night away at Zanzibar last night, so let’s skip the chitchat and get right down to this week’s #FridayFavorites.
- Favorite Cat Video of the week: Cats who can’t handle their sh*t around Christmas trees (Buzzfeed). Ok, this is a list and not a video, but I love it because it reminds me how lucky we are to have cats that seem to be unfazed by our Christmas tree.
- Favorite Song of the Week: I can’t pick just one, so I’m going with Holiday Pandora music, in general. Over the past few weeks, I have refined our station and it is now pretty close to what I would call perfection. It’s’ more or less a blend of Soul Christmas + Pentatonix (Acapella) Holiday.
- Favorite Workout of the Week: Running in the rain. I should clarify that I’m talking about LA rain, not real rain. LA rain is more like a warm gentle mist that feels really quite refreshing during a run. And you’re basically dry by the time you get home.
- Favorite Thing I Ate This Week: That’s easy, Latkes! Not only were they a festive treat, but I’d consider them a successful new recipe worth adding to my recipe box, as well.
- Favorite Thing I Learned This Week: I re-learned that squash is technically a fruit and not a vegetable! Earlier this week, I discussed the virtues of spaghetti squash, but I mistakenly referred to it as a vegetable. (The fact that pumpkin is a fruit is one of my favorite little known facts, so I’m not sure why I had placed the other squashes in a separate category.) For those of you interested in some aesthetically pleasing information on squash, here is an infographic on how to store and prepare squash of all sorts. Click through for additional information and recipes.
Remember those World Peace Cookies I prepared and chilled the dough for but never got around to baking? Well, I baked a tester batch of just 4 cookies and they turned out reeeally well. Keep an eye out for that recipe in the near future, it’s a good one. 🙂
Question: What’s one of your favorite things that you learned/ate/heard/saw this week?
As always, you can check out the favorites of others by visiting Heather’s site, here.
[Photo credit: Pandora]